Microsoft today released the Windows 10 Insider Preview 15063 (rs2_release) for the Slow Ring. A few days ago this update 15063 was already activated for the “Fast Ring” . You can install it as normal using the normal Windows Update function, as you can see here in the image below.
The following changes are included in this build 15063 :
- Fixed a reliability issue with build 15061 that could cause the Edge Browser to hang.
- When installing .Net Framework 3.5 in conjunction with additional language packs, not all registry keys were processed correctly.
- Error starting inbox apps and updating apps from the app store .
- Error code 8024a112 on Windows startup has been fixed.
- Problems with crashing Windows apps have been fixed.
- After importing Windows updates, the prompt window for a pending restart was sometimes not displayed.
- Errors when opening Windows Defender in the notification area have been fixed.
- Problems solved when processing background tasks , including Microsoft OneDrive .
- Several bugs related to Microsoft Surface devices have been fixed.
By the way, you cannot install this build directly on your 14393 build version (Anniversary). Before that, you would have to upgrade to build version 15055 so that the update to build 15063 can work afterwards. The final version of 15063, which you can then upgrade directly from 14393, will most likely appear around April 10, 2017 . Microsoft has not yet announced an exact date.
We will report back as soon as the final version of the Creators Update is available for download.