With the KB4088782 update , Microsoft has just released another cumulative update for the Creators Update, Windows 10 version 1703 . This update also only contains operating system bug fixes and no new functions. The update KB4088782 changes the Windows 10 version number to 15063.966 .
The following bugs have been fixed in Windows 10 version 1703:
- Previously, an issue could arise if after installing KB4056891 , KB4057144, or KB4074592 on a server, shared SMB files in directory link points or disk mount points hosted on that server may not be accessed. In this case too, the error is ” ERROR_INVALID_REPARSE_DATA “. As a result, the editing of some GPOs can fail. The error message in this case is ” The data in the analysis point buffer is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071128) “.
- The update triggers the AV Compatibility Check to expand the number of Windows 10 devices that offer cumulative Windows security updates. This includes cumulative Specter and Meltdown protection features for x86 and x64 Windows 10 versions except for the KB4078130 update, which was offered to disable protection against Specter Version 2.
- Furthermore, numerous security gaps have been closed. The following Windows services are affected: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Microsoft graphics component, Windows Kernel, Windows Shell, Windows MSXML, Windows Installer and Windows Hyper-V.
- Printing problems when printing XML documents in IE and Microsoft Edge have been fixed.
- Resolves the issue that Internet Explorer does not respond in certain scenarios when a Browser Helper object is installed.
- Addresses issues that cause online video playback to stop responding.
Below we have listed the direct KB4088782 download links for you .
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4088782)
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4088782)