Microsoft has just ( March 13, 2018 ) released the update KB4088776 for Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update as a cumulative update. On Patchday in March 2018 , Microsoft released another cumulative update before the Spring Creators Update (1803).
The update KB4088776 brings the Windows 10 version number to build level 16299.309 . The update is now available for download via the Windows Update function and the Windows Update Catalog. At the end of this article you will also find the appropriate download links.
The following bug fixes have been incorporated in the update KB4088776 .
- Resolves an issue with IE that no longer works when using F12-based developer tools.
- Resolves problems printing XML documents using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Other minor problems, especially regarding Internet Explorer, have been fixed.
- Applications could sometimes stop responding when updating graphics drivers.
- When playing under Windows 10, the error message ” Your account is being checked, you do not have this content ” could appear. This problem can also cause users to be kicked out of the game in the middle of the game.
- Another issue was resolved if after installing KB4056892 , KB4073291 , KB4058258 , KB4077675, or KB4074588 on a server, shared SMB files in directory link points or disk mount points hosted on that server might not be accessed. The error is ” ERROR_INVALID_REPARSE_DATA “. Therefore, editing some group policies with GPMC or AGPM 4.0 may fail with the error. “The data in the analysis point buffer is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80071128 ) “.
- Addresses an issue in which an AD FS server problem causes the WID AD FS database to become unusable after a restart. This can prevent the AD FS service from starting.
- After installing KB4090913 , the Mixed Reality Portal might fail to initialize. This leads to an error “SXXXXXXX-X” or ” The software for Windows Mixed Reality cannot be downloaded ” after the software has been downloaded successfully.
- Resolves the Anti-Virus (AV) Compatibility Checker to expand the number of Windows 10 devices that offer cumulative Windows security updates. This includes cumulative Specter and Meltdown protection for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions of Windows, with the exception of the KB4078130 update, which was offered to disable protection against Specter version 2 .
- Furthermore, numerous security gaps have been closed. This affects IE, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows Kernel, Windows Shell, Windows MSXML, Device Guard, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Installer and the Microsoft Scripting Engine.
Note dated 03/23/2018: Tonight Microsoft has released an even newer cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1709 with the update KB4089848.
Warning: There is also a known problem with this update. Windows Update History reports that KB4054517 could not be installed due to error 0x80070643 .
Here below the KB4088776 download links :
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4088776)
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4088776)
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 (KB4088776 )