With update KB4088787 , Microsoft completed the Windows 10 updates on today’s Patchday in March 2018. It raises the Windows 10 version 1607 Anniversary to the new build level 14393.2125 .
This cumulative update for 1607 now has a size of over 1.2GB for the 64-bit version, while the 32-bit version is only about 650MB in size. As of now, the update will be delivered via Windows Update or via the Windows Update Catalog .
Since Microsoft basically does not integrate any new functions in these cumulative updates, this time it is only a matter of bug fixes . The following is improved in Windows 10 1607 by the update KB4088787.
- Printing problems with the XML format and some other minor bugs have been fixed in IE.
- Problems with online video playback are resolved with this update.
- Due to server problems, the WID AD FS database may become unusable after a server restart. This can prevent the AD FS service from starting.
- Changes regarding Specter and Meltdown protection functions 32 and 64 bit Windows 10 1607 versions. This does not apply to installations with update KB4078130 , which may deactivate protective measures against Specter Version 2 .
- In addition, other security problems or security gaps were then fixed in the following Windows components: IE, Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Windows Search component, Windows Desktop Bridge, Microsoft graphics component, Windows kernel, Windows Shell, Windows MSXML, Windows Datacenter -Network, Windows Installer and Windows Hyper-V.
The update is also available for Windows Server 2016 . You can download all versions of the update here below, if it is not offered to you directly via the Windows Update function.
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4088787)
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x86-based Systems (KB4088787)
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 (KB4088787 )