TrendMicro has recently released a new ” Critical Patch 6285 ” for the OfficeScan 11 Service Pack 1 (SP1) antivirus software. This renewed hotfix for OfficeScan is dated 06.02.2017 and bears the exact name
The following is the detailed information from the Trend Micro download portal for this hotfix 6285.
This is a ” critical patch ” for OfficeScan 11 SP1 because after installing OfficeScan SP1 Patch 1 there may be problems with the automatic OfficeScan Smart Pattern Update . This new patch 6285 eliminates the errors in the ActiveUpdate module and raises and raises its build number to 1180.
The patch is relatively small overall and the entire download of the OfficeScan hotfix 6285 is only about 10 MB in size.
Trend Micro recommends installing OfficeScan 11.0 Service Pack 1 Patch 1 Build 6242 before installing this critical patch 6285 .
The installation itself went perfectly on our test system within a few minutes, and there are no settings to consider during the upgrade of the OfficeScan server. However, we could not determine exactly whether this version only applies to the English or German version. Strangely enough , the OfficeScan server continues to display version 6242 after installing the patch , as you can see below.
The OfficeScan client but shows how you can see here below can, the correct version with ” 11.0.6285 Service Pack 1 ” on.
Below you will find the direct download link for patch 6285.
– Download Trend Micro OfficeScan 11 Service Pack 1 Patch 1 Build 6285
If you have further information about the Trend Micro OfficeScan software , the following articles are certainly very interesting for you.
– TrendMicro OfficeScan Update 6125 for Windows 10 Anniversary
– OfficeScan Patch 6242 Build 11.0.6242 SP1 with Anniversary Support
– OfficeScan Client 11.0.6178 Service Pack 1 – Anniversary Patch
– Error 0x7FFA528670E3 ANOMALY use of REX.w is meaningless – TrendMicro OfficeScan
– OfficeScan XG Server installation and OfficeScan client 12.0.1222
– OfficeScan XG
– OfficeScan Patch 6134 released
– OfficeScan Patch 6125 has problems with Windows 10 Clean Installation
– KB3189866 fixes OfficeScan problem with Windows 10
– OfficeScan Critical Patch Installation 5010, 6054 and 6125