Microsoft has just released update KB4499167 for Windows 10 version 1803 . This new cumulative update KB4499167 raises the Windows 10 build number to version 17134.765 .
This update KB4499167 is now available for download via the Windows 10 update function and also via the Windows Update Catalog.
In addition to numerous bug fixes, the update KB4499167 also helps to improve the stability of Windows 10 1803. The matching KB4499167 download links can be found at the end of this entry.
The following changes have been included in the update KB4499167 .
- It provides protection against a new subclass of Speculative Execution Side Channel (Microarchitectural Data Sampling) vulnerabilities for 64-bit (x64) versions of Windows (CVE-2018-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE) -2018 -12130). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Client and Windows Server articles . (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client operating system editions, but are disabled by default for Windows Server operating system editions.)
- The update adds “uk.gov” to the Top Level Domains (HSTS TLD) from HTTP Strict Transport Security for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge .
- It fixes an issue that could cause “Error 1309” when installing or uninstalling certain types of MSI and MSP files on a virtual disk.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft Visual Studio Simulator from starting.
- This update KB4499167 resolves an issue that could cause zone transfers between primary and secondary DNS servers to fail over the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).
- Addresses an issue that could cause Microsoft Excel text, layout, or cell size to be narrower or wider than expected when using the MS UI Gothic or MS PGothic fonts.
- Furthermore, this update KB4499167 contains numerous security updates for Microsoft Edge, IE, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Microsoft graphics component, Windows memory and file systems, Windows cryptography, Windows data center network, Windows wireless network, Windows virtualization, Windows kernel, Windows server and Microsoft JET database engine included.
Below you will find the direct downloads from KB4499167 .
– Download 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4499167)
– Download 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x86-based Systems (KB4499167)
– Download 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4499167)