In addition to the series, Microsoft released another cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update last night with update KB4090913 . Normally, everyone had only expected further updates on Patchday in March on March 13, 2018.
This new update KB4090913 contains some quality improvements, but no new operating system features have been introduced. Microsoft has only recently published the following information about this update.
- The update KB4090913 fixes an issue where some USB devices and onboard devices , e.g. B. an integrated notebook camera, keyboard or mouse or other devices simply no longer work. Previously, this could have happened if the Windows Update maintenance batch did not correctly install the newer version of some key drivers in the cumulative update and uninstalled the currently active drivers during maintenance. If you installed previous updates, only the new fixes that are included in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
After installation, your Windows 10 version 1709 shows version number 16299.251 .
Unfortunately some problems with this update KB4090913 are known. These are as follows:
- Windows Update History reports that KB4054517 could not be installed due to error 0x80070643 .
Although the update was successfully installed, Windows Update incorrectly reports that the update could not be installed. Select Check for updates to ensure that no additional updates are available.
You can also type About your PC in the search box on the taskbar to check if the device is using the expected OS build.
- After installing this update, some devices may fail to start and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE may be returned.
Microsoft is working on a solution and will provide an update in an upcoming version. Workaround steps are available in KB4075150.
You can download the update KB4090913 here directly below.
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4090913)
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4090913)
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 (KB4090913 )