Last night Microsoft released something out of line with the update KB4089848 and therefore surprisingly another cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update available for download . This cumulative update contains only bug fixes and possibly also preparations for the Spring Fall Creators Update 1803, which is expected in the next few weeks.
After installing the update KB4089848 , the version number of your Windows 10 installation changes to the build number 16299.334 .
- Addresses issues with a GDI handle leak in the Windows Ribbon control. Additionally, problems where users cannot select OK after entering credentials on the command line in Windows Server version 1709 .
- Addresses issues where Bluetooth devices do not receive data after a restart.
- Resolves Bitlocker issues where files that are protected with the Encrypting File System (EFS) can be corrupted during BitLocker decryption or encryption of a drive .
- Resolves Windows Server issues where the server may occasionally encounter an error during file transfer. The error is “ Stop D1 in tcpip! TcpSegmentTcbSend “.
- Resolves an issue where an iSCSI RESET could trigger a cluster failover.
- Addresses an issue in MPIO where pass-through SCSI requests can result in an abort failure when the hard drive is removed from memory.
- Group Policy processing has previously failed and policies may have been removed. This occurs when the length of the Windows Defender Firewall policy rule exceeds 260 characters.
- The problem of getting an impersonation token for another user in the same session caused by a new permission in Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 version 1709 . “If gpresult / h is applied to these computers using Group Policy , no report data can be generated for them. The error message is“ Requested value ”. SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege ‘could not be found. “The GPMC does not display permission on the Settings tab for a GPO for which the setting has been configured. Addresses an issue that causes errors when accessing WebDAV files or folders on a SharePoint site if the name of the file or folder contains multibyte characters.
- An Azure point-to-site VPN connection using IKEv2 could fail if the user’s device contains a large number of trusted root certificates.
- Addresses issues with rendering in Microsoft Edge for PDF documents with backgrounds created using various third-party publishing tools.
- Addresses an issue in which a media platform would stop responding when quickly switching cameras on a device. In addition, a media platform could stop responding. This affects media playback in Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Fixed spatial audio issues when used with Dolby Atmos for Headphones.
- Addresses issues where login credentials that require administrator privileges appear when a standard user account logs in to a Windows 10 device that was provided with Windows Autopilot for the first time.
- Tiles in the start menu when upgrading from Windows 10 version 1607 to Windows 10 version 1709 were sometimes not retained.
- Addresses an issue with spell checker and custom dictionaries.
- Fixes problems with the ” Press and hold ” when in a pen tablet mode is used.
- Eliminates problems when editing web password fields using a touch keyboard.
- Resolves an issue where some Bluetooth card readers will not work after restarting.
- Addresses an issue in which the output for a file or pipe in the Universal CRT for the Standard Error Stream (STDERR) has been fully buffered.
- Also fixes problems in the universal CRT by adding the access mode “x” flag to support the fopen () function.
You can download the new cumulative update KB4089848 directly here:
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4089848)
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4089848)
– 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 (KB4089848 )