Microsoft has just released update KB4048955 for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 . As on every 2nd Tuesday of the month, it is a cumulative Windows 10 update, which Windows 10 Fall Creators Update raises to build number 16299.64 .
In this update KB4048955 numerous bugs and problems are fixed again. Below we have listed the changes in this update.
- Fixed an issue where the Mixed Reality Portal stopped responding on startup.
- Fixed an issue where a black screen would appear when switching between windowed and full screen mode while playing some Microsoft DirectX games .
- A compatibility issue has been fixed when playing a Game DVR-PC recording with Android or iOS devices.
- Fixed an issue where the function keys would no longer work on Microsoft Designer Keyboards .
- Certain USB devices and head-mounted displays (HMD) still work properly after the system has been activated from Connected Standby.
- Problems with virtual smart cards in connection with the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) have been fixed.
- Issues with applications based on the Microsoft JET database engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) that occur when creating or opening Microsoft Excel XLS files have been fixed. The error message reads: ” Unexpected error from the external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET database engine) “.
- Problems were solved, in which application tiles are missing in the start menu. In addition, applications that the Store app displays as installed will not appear in the application list on the Start menu .
- Fixed other issues where Microsoft Edge could not create a WARP support process and would stop responding for up to 3 seconds during a wait timeout. During the time limit, users cannot navigate or interact with the requested page.
- Furthermore, numerous security updates for Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Kernel, Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player have been integrated into this cumulative update KB4048955.
You can download the update KB4048955 here below:
– 2017-11 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64-based systems (KB4048955)
– 2017-11 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x86-based systems (KB4048955)