With the update KB4041691 for Windows 10 version 1607 Anniversary , Microsoft has also released a cumulative update for this Windows 10 version. This is the Windows 10 build number 14393.1770 .
The update has a size of almost 1.2 GB in the x64 version, while the 32-bit version is only around 620MB. As always, the updates are available directly from the Microsoft Update servers via Windows Update or via the well-known Microsoft Windows Update Catalog .
Here below you can see the offered update versions of the update KB4041691 .
Microsoft has integrated the following changes into update KB4041691 .
- Problems with the “link.exe” have been fixed, which may not work for larger projects.
- Various problems in IE with form submissions , rendering of graphic elements, docking and undocking of IE windows popup windows have been fixed.
- Addressed issues where SD propagation no longer works when you manually trigger Security Descriptor Propagation (SDPROP) by setting the RootDse attribute FixupInheritance to 1. After setting this attribute, SD propagation and permission changes to Active Directory objects are not propagated to child objects. No errors are logged.
- Addressed Access Violation in LSASS that occurs when you start a domain controller role states. A race condition causes the violation if account management calls occur while the database is updating internal metadata. Resetting or changing a password is one of the administrative calls that can trigger this problem.
- Fixed problems with USBHUB.SYS that could accidentally cause memory corruption that caused accidental system crashes.
- Error migrating to Windows 10 Version 1607 Anniversary with the registry value “ServerSecurityDescriptor”. This particularly caused problems with Citrix printer drivers and network printer drivers .
- Otherwise, numerous security updates for the areas Internet Explorer, Device Guard, the Windows wireless network and the Microsoft Jet Database Engine were eliminated.
Here you can download the appropriate update KB4041691 directly.
– 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x86-based Systems (KB4041691)
– 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4041691)