With the update KB4523205 , Microsoft has released another update for Windows 10 version 1809 tonight, which increases the Windows 10 version number to 17763.864 .
The update KB4523205 is now available for download and installation for all 1809 users via Windows Update and also via the well-known Windows Update Catalog.
Microsoft has just released the following information about this update KB4523205 .
- This update KB4523205 resolves an issue that could cause the Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) service to stop running and report data to stop being sent.
- Furthermore, it now also provides protection against the ” IntelÂ® Processor Machine Check Error” vulnerability (CVE-2018-12207).
- In addition, it provides protection against the IntelÂ® TSX (Transactional Synchronization Extensions) vulnerability when transaction is aborted asynchronously (CVE-2019-11135).
- The update KB4523205 also includes numerous security updates for Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows app platform and frameworks, Microsoft graphics component, Windows input and composition, Microsoft Edge, Windows basics, Windows cryptography, Windows virtualization, Windows Linux , Windows kernel, Windows data center network, Windows peripherals, and the Microsoft JET database module.
However, the following problems with update KB4523205 are already known.
Problem 1 from update KB4523205:
Certain operations, e.g. For example, renaming files or folders on a shared cluster volume (CSV) may fail with the ” STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5) ” error . This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node through a process that does not have administrator privileges.
Perform the process from a process that has administrator privileges and from a node that does not have CSV ownership.
Problem 2 from update KB4523205:
After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error ” 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND “.
Uninstall and then reinstall any recently added language packs. For instructions, see Manage input and display language settings in Windows 10. Choose Check For Updates and install the April 2019 cumulative update.
Note: If reinstalling the language pack doesn’t solve the problem, reset your PC as follows:
- In the Windows settings, select the ” Update and security (recovery) ” option .
- Then select the ” Recovery ” sub-area and then the ” Reset this PC ” option .
- Select “Keep my files”.
Below you will find the direct downloads for update KB4523205 :
– 2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4523205)
– 2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x86-based Systems (KB4523205)
– 2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 Version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4523205)