Microsoft has just released update KB4519338 on patchday in October 2019 for Windows 10 version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 version 1809 . This cumulative update for 1809 increases the Windows version number to 17763.806 and you can download the update KB4519338 via Windows Update and the Windows Update Catalog.
You will also find the corresponding, direct KB4519338 download links at the end of this article.
Microsoft has integrated the following changes into update KB4519338 .
- Update KB4519338 resolves an issue in security bulletin CVE-2019-1318 that can cause client or server computers that do not support Extended Master Secret (EMS) RFC 7627 to experience increased connection latency and CPU usage. This problem may occur when Transport Layer Security (TLS) handshakes are performed by devices that do not support EMS, especially on servers. This EMS support has been available for all supported Windows versions since 2015 and is gradually being enforced by installing the monthly updates from October 8, 2019 and higher.
- It fixes an issue in the keyboard lock subsystem where the keyboard input may not be filtered properly.
- It also includes numerous security updates for security updates for Windows Shell, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cryptography, Windows Authentication, Windows Kernel and Windows Server.
Unfortunately, some errors from update KB4519338 have been announced again.
Problem 1 with update KB4519338:
Certain operations, e.g. For example, renaming files or folders on a shared cluster volume (CSV) may fail with the ” STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5) ” error . This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node through a process that does not have administrator privileges.
Workaround for problem 1:
Perform the process from a process that has administrator privileges, or run from a node that does not have CSV ownership.
Problem 2 with update KB4519338:
After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error ” 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND “.
Workaround for problem 2:
Uninstall and then reinstall any recently added language packs. For instructions, see Manage input and display language settings in Windows 10 .
Select Check for updates and install the April 2019 cumulative update. For instructions, see Update Windows 10 .
Note If reinstalling the language pack does not solve the problem, reset your PC as follows:
- Go to Settings app> Recovery.
- Select ” Get Started ” under the option ” Reset this PC recovery “.
- Select Keep my files.
Problem 3 with update KB4519338:
We are investigating reports that a small number of devices may display a black screen when they first log in after installing updates.
Workaround for problem 3:
To fix this problem, press Ctrl + Alt + Del , then select the power button in the lower right corner of the screen and click Restart. Your device should now restart normally.
Problem 4 with update KB4519338:
After installing this update, Windows Mixed Reality Portal users may occasionally receive the error code ” 15-5 “. In some cases, the Windows Mixed Reality portal may report that the headset is going into sleep mode, and if you click Wake Up , no action may be taken.
Workaround for problem 4:
- Close the Windows Mixed Reality portal if it is running.
- Open the Task Manager by clicking the Start button and entering ” Task Manager “.
- In Task Manager, on the Processes tab, right-click Windows Explorer and select Restart.
- Open the Windows Mixed Reality portal.
Microsoft is already working on a solution to all problems and will provide the fix in one of the next cumulative updates for 1809.
Below you will find the direct KB4519338 download links .
– Download 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4519338)
– Download 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x86-based Systems (KB4519338)
– Download 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4519338)