With the KB4457128 update , Microsoft released another cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1803 Spring Creators Update on Patchday in September 2018.
After installing the update KB4457128 , the Windows 10 installation shows the build number 17134.285 . As always, the update KB4457128 can be downloaded directly from Windows Update as well as from the Windows Update Catalog.
Like every cumulative update for Windows 10, no new functions are included in the update KB4457128, it only contains bug fixes and increases the stability of the Windows 10 feature update .
Microsoft has previously released the following fixes for update KB4457128 .
- The KB4457128 update provides protection against a Specter Variant 2 vulnerability (CVE-2017-5715) for ARM64 devices.
- It also fixes a problem that could cause the Program Compatibility Assistant (PCA) service to have excessive CPU usage . This occurs when the simultaneous execution of two threads for adding and removing programs (ARP) is not processed correctly.
- There are also numerous security updates for IE, the Microsoft Edge Browser, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Virtualization and Kernel, Windows Linux, Windows Kernel, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows MSXML and Windows Server included in this cumulative update.
Below we have listed the direct download links for the update KB4457128 .
– 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4457128)
– 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x86-based Systems (KB4457128)
– 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2018 Version 1803 (KB4457128)