Vcomp110.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the vcomp110 DLL file.
In some cases, vcomp110.dll errors can indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware problem, or even a hardware failure.
There are a few different ways that vcomp110.dll errors can show up on your computer. Here are some of the more common ways you might see vcomp110.dll errors:
Vcomp110.dll Not Found This application failed to start because vcomp110.dll was not found. Reinstalling the app may fix this problem. Can't find [PATH]vcomp110.dll The program can't start because vcomp110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. The vcomp110.dll file is missing. Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: vcomp110.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
Vcomp110.dll error messages can appear during the use or installation of certain programs, when Windows starts up or shuts down, or even during a Windows installation.
The context of the vcomp110.dll error is an important piece of information that will be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.
The vcomp110.dll error message can apply to any program or system that can use the file on any of Microsoft’s operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
How to Fix Vcomp110.dll Ers
Do not download vcomp110.dll from a “DLL download” website. There are many reasons why downloading a DLL file is a bad idea. If you require a copy of vcomp110.dll, it is best to obtain it from its original, legitimate source.
Start Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps if you are unable to access Windows normally due to vcomp110.dll error.
- Download the Visual C++ Redistributable package for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 and run it. This will replace/restore the vcomp110.dll with the latest copy provided by Microsoft.
You are given a few download options from Microsoft for this update, depending on the version of Windows you have installed: x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit). See Am I running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows? for help if you’re not sure what to choose?
Do your best to complete this step. Applying this update is almost always the solution to vcomp110.dll errors.
- Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable from the program’s installation folder if the Microsoft download did not fix the vcomp110.dll error. Sometimes the video game or application contains a specific version of the DLL file that works better than one provided from the Microsoft website.
Which folder you should look in depends on the game or program that has the vcomp110.dll error. For example, you can look in C:game-foldergame-title_redist for a file like MSVC2012 , or in vcredist for a folder for a file like vcredist_x86 or vcredist_x64 .
If you see two files there, open them to replace the missing or corrupt vcomp110.dll file.
- Restore vcomp110.dll from the Recycle Bin. The easiest cause of a “missing” vcomp110.dll file is that you have mistakenly deleted it.
If you suspect that you have accidentally deleted vcomp110.dll but have already emptied the Recycle Bin, you may be able to recover vcomp110.dll with a free file recovery program.
Recovering a deleted copy of vcomp110.dll with a file recovery program is a good idea only if you are sure that you deleted the file yourself and that it was working properly before doing so.
- Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system. Some vcomp110.dll errors could be related to a virus or other malware infection on your computer that has corrupted the DLL file. It’s even possible that the vcomp110.dll error you’re seeing is related to a hostile program masquerading as the file.
- Use System Restore to undo recent system changes. If you suspect that the vcomp110.dll error was caused by a change to an important file or setting, a System Restore might resolve the issue.
- Reinstall the program that is causing the vcomp110.dll error. If the vcomp110.dll error occurs while using a particular program, reinstalling that program might help.
- Copy the vcomp110.dll file from elsewhere on your computer and paste it into the correct folder. The “correct” folder depends on the program that is giving the DLL error.
Browse to the installation directory of the problem application and find the program file that launches it (it will be an EXE file). Paste the vcomp110.dll file there.
If you need help finding the program’s DLL or EXE file, do a quick search on your computer with a tool like Everything.
- Install all available Windows updates. Many service packs and other patches replace or update some of the hundreds of DLL files distributed by Microsoft on your computer. The vcomp110.dll file could be included in one of those updates.
- Test your memory and then test your hard drive. I’ve left most of the hardware troubleshooting for the last step, but your computer’s memory and hard drive are easy to test and are the most likely components that could cause vcomp110.dll errors as they fail.
If the hardware fails any of your tests, replace the memory or replace the hard drive as soon as possible.
- Repair the Windows installation. If the individual vcomp110.dll file troubleshooting advice above is unsuccessful, performing a startup repair or repair install should restore all Windows DLL files to their working versions.
- Use a free registry cleaner to repair vcomp110.dll related problems in the registry. A free registry cleaner program may be able to help by removing invalid vcomp110.dll registry entries that could be causing the DLL error.
I rarely recommend the use of registry cleaners. I’ve included the option here as a “last resort” attempt before the next destructive step.
- Do a clean install of Windows. A clean install of Windows will erase everything from your hard drive and install a fresh copy of Windows. If none of the above steps fix the vcomp110.dll error, this should be your next step.
All information on your hard drive will be erased during a clean install. Make sure you’ve tried your best to fix the vcomp110.dll error by using a troubleshooting step before this one.
- Troubleshoot a hardware problem if vcomp110.dll errors persist. After a clean install of Windows, the DLL problem can only be hardware related.
Need more help?
See Get More Help for information on how to contact me on social media or by email, post in support forums, and more. Be sure to let me know the exact vcomp110.dll error message you’re seeing and what steps, if any, you’ve already taken to fix the problem.
If you’re not interested in fixing this problem yourself, even with help, see How do I fix my computer? for a complete list of support options, plus help with everything related to the process, like calculating repair costs, removing files, choosing a repair service, and more.