The user interface of Symantec or Veritas Backup Exec 2015 is now quite comfortable if you compare it with the old version from a few years ago. Still, I think copying backup jobs works, but it’s a very hidden option . If the backup admin right- clicks on a backup job , the ” Copy ” function appears . But all the program does is that it copies the text of the selected line to the clipboard . A backup job cannot be copied with this function .
The actual copying process works by clicking on ” Backup ” in the ” Backup and restore ” area . Then another window appears with the option ” Create new backup with the settings of an existing backup “.
So far this works perfectly. However, only all settings and options are copied, not the backup source . It has to be selected from scratch.
We have already published many other interesting articles about Veritas Backup Exec , which we would like to briefly introduce to you here.
– Backup Exec 16 from Veritas available
– FP5 for Backup Exec 15 released (revision 1180)
– Backup Exec 2012 Snaphot Error 0xe0008526 (V-79-57344-34086)
– Symantec Backup Exec error message 0xe0008488 – Access denied
– The BackupExec Management Service could not Started – .NET Framework Update Error
– Hyper-V .AVHD problem with Backup Exec 15 FP3
– Backup Exec – Create SDR disk – Part 1
– Symantec (Veritas) Backup Exec Error V-79-57344-33932
– Symantec (Veritas) Backup Exec error message (FIXEDB2DDevice, memory could not be deleted)
– Deduplication Option Error during Symantec Backup Exec 2014 upgrade