A pretty unknown feature in Windows Explorer is the option
Expand to open folders
With this option you have the option, as you can see in the following illustration of Windows Explorer, that in front of the folder name
is pictured. With this arrow in front of each folder you have the option of expanding the ” Windows FAQ ” folder and then seeing the subfolders contained in the folder structure of Windows Explorer.
With this activated option, navigation through the folder structure is easier and you save yourself double-clicking on the folder name in the left folder list.
To activate this extension of the folder in Windows Explorer, you first have to go to Windows Explorer
go. To do this, first click on the item in the Explorer menu bar
and then right to the point
Then you call the rider
on, as you can see on the explorer picture below.
Here is the function almost at the bottom of the Explorer options
Expand to open folders
If you activate this option and then confirm the settings with ” OK ” or ” Apply “, you will immediately see the extension arrows in front of the folder names in Windows Explorer.
For Windows users who work a lot with Windows Explorer every day, this folder extension is a very pleasant function that you should definitely activate. If you know of other useful Windows Explorer settings that we have not yet presented here on Windows-FAQ.de, we would be happy to receive a corresponding comment at the end of this article.
If you are interested in other useful Windows Explorer options , we recommend the following articles.
– Color representation of the encrypted and compressed files and folders in Windows Explorer
– Copy complete path names and file names to the clipboard in Windows Explorer
– Deactivate Windows Explorer quick access and switch to “This PC”
– Change Windows Explorer hard disk icon
– Find files by date in Explorer
– Start CMD directly from Windows Explorer
– Show or hide status bar in Windows Explorer
– Quickly rename files in Explorer with F2 and the TAB key
– iPhone is not displayed
in Windows Explorer
– Remove the blue double arrow in Windows Explorer – Auto-complete in Windows Explorer or switch off
– Download folder opens very slowly in Windows Explorer
– Parameters of Windows Explorer “explorer.exe”
– Hide drive letters in Windows Explorer
– Remove CD / DVD burning function from Windows Explorer
– File size information in Windows Explo Show all folder tips