Many users receive the error code 0x8007045A when updating Windows or upgrading their Windows version to Windows 10. The error states that the current Windows operating system has problems with the Microsoft XML Core Service , also called MSXML for short . The Microsoft XML Core Service is a native Win32 API for high-performance XML-based applications.
There are different versions of the MSXML files , as you can see below.
The following MSXML files are available:
The Windows Update error 0x8007045A indicates that at least one of the various Windows system files has a problem. The following repair options are available.
Windows Resource Checker
Executes the command in an MS-DOS command prompt with administrator rights
sfc / scannow
out. Your Windows system files will then be checked and repaired if necessary. Then you should restart your PC and check whether the update error 0x8007045A continues to occur.
Replace MSXML files
Copy the above files from another PC with the same operating system version to your PC that has the Windows update problems . These files must be replaced in the folder C: Windows System32 . It is quite possible that a file ” MSXML3A.DLL ” is also available. This must then also be exchanged.
After you have exchanged these DLL files, you have to register them again. Each file must be re-registered individually. It also works in an MS-DOS command prompt with administrative rights and the following commands.
- regsvr32 c: windows system32 MSXML3.DLL
- regsvr32 c: windows system32 MSXML3R.DLL
- regsvr32 c: windows system32 MSXML6.DLL
- regsvr32 c: windows system32 MSXML6R.DLL
With MSXML4A.DLL this may also have to be carried out. Finally, you have to reboot your PC and call the Windows Update again. Now the update error 0x8007045A should have disappeared.
If you also have problems with further update error messages , we recommend these contributions below.
– 0x80248007 error code during Windows Update
– NETBIOS problems after Windows Update KB3161949
– 0x80246003 Windows Update error Office Validation Add-in
– Windows Update error code 0x80245006
– Windows Update error code 0x80240fff
– 0x800f0922 Windows Update error
– 0x80072ee2 Windows Update error
– 0x80072f8f fix error code during Windows Update