The Windows update error code 80244010 is quite tricky. It occurs very often in connection with a WSUS server (Windows Server Update Services), but can also occur when searching online for Windows updates . We have shown you below an image of an original error message from a Windows Server 2012 R2 , whereby the error code 80244010 occurred when searching online for Windows updates.
Correct error code 80244010 in connection with a WSUS
Actually, the solution here seems to be relatively simple, even if it doesn’t really make sense. But we tested it ourselves and it works. First of all you just have to on the affected system
GPUPDATE / FORCE
and then restart the Windows computer. This will update the applicable group policies again. After restarting the Windows system, error 80244010 should no longer occur. If the problem still persists, you can also try the following solution.
Eliminate code 80244010 from the update online search
If the error occurs when searching online for Windows updates, the Windows Update Catalog is defective and must be rebuilt. This can be done without any problems, since this folder is automatically created again in the event of “no presence” and is filled with the Windows Update data.
You have to do the following:
- Call Windows Services Administration via ” services.msc “.
- Services Windows Update (wuauserv) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (bits) and the Cryptographic stop (cryptsvc).
- Rename the directory ” % windir% / Softwaredistribution “.
- The stopped Windows services start from the top.
The missing Windows updates must then be called up again and error 80244010 should not occur again.
In the following articles you will find further help for Windows Update errors .
– Windows Update Code 80200056
– 0x800705b4 Windows Update error code – Prevent
installation of faulty or defective Windows 10 updates. (wushowhide.diagcab)
– 0xc1900200 error code to the Windows Upgrade
– 0x80240017 Windows Update Error code
– 0x80070490 Windows Update Error code
– 0x80070003 error code in Windows Update
– 0x8007045a Windows Update Error