With the KB4511553 update , Microsoft released another cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1809 today. It is the monthly cumulative update and fixes other bugs and issues in Windows 10 1809.
After downloading and installing the update KB4511553 , your Windows 10 build number shows 17763.678 . The update can now be downloaded from Windows Update as well as from the Windows Update Catalog.
The following bugs have been fixed in this update KB4511553 .
- The update resolves an issue that could cause devices to fail to start or continue to restart if they are connected to a domain that is configured to use MIT Kerberos realms. Both domain controllers and domain members are affected.
- Furthermore, update KB4511553 resolves an issue with a Windows Server Update Services Console (WSUS) user interface exception that occurs when you expand the computer directory.
- In addition, there are many more security updates for Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows wireless networks, Windows storage and file systems, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows input and composition, Windows cryptography, Windows virtualization, Windows data center Network, Microsoft JET database engine, Windows Server, Windows Kernel, Windows MSXML and Microsoft Edge integrated in this update KB4511553.
However, some errors from the update KB4511553 are also known.
Error 1 from update KB4511553:
Certain operations, e.g. For example, renaming files or folders on a shared cluster volume (CSV) may fail with the ” STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5) ” error . This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node through a process that does not have administrator privileges.
- Perform the process from a process that has administrator privileges.
- Do this from a node that does not have CSV ownership.
Error 2 from update KB4511553:
After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error ” 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND “.
Uninstall and then reinstall any recently added language packs. For instructions, see Manage input and display language settings in Windows 10.
Select Check for updates and install the April 2019 cumulative update. For instructions, see Update Windows 10.
Note: If reinstalling the language pack doesn’t solve the problem, reset your PC as follows:
- Go to Settings app> Recovery.
- Select “Get Started” under the “Reset this PC recovery” option.
- Select Keep my files.
Error 3 from update KB4511553:
We have reports from users that a small number of devices may display a black screen the first time they log in after installing updates.
To fix this problem, press Ctrl + Alt + Del , then select the power button in the lower right corner of the screen and click Restart. Your device should now restart normally.
Error 4 from update KB4511553:
Devices that start with Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) images may fail with the error ” Status: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device is not connected or cannot start “Access not possible” after installing this update on a WDS server.
See KB4512816 for troubleshooting instructions.
Error 5 from update KB4511553:
Applications and scripts that call the NetQueryDisplayInformation API or the appropriate WinNT providers may not return results after the first page of the data, often 50 or 100 entries. If you request additional pages, you may receive the error message “1359: An internal error has occurred”. This issue occurs in this update and in all updates before June 18, 2019.
Microsoft is working on troubleshooting this and all other errors.
Here you can download the update KB4511553 .
– 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4511553)
– 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x86-based Systems (KB4511553)
– 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 Version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4511553)