With the update KB4493464 , Microsoft has also just released a cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 . This update KB4493464 raises your Windows 10 version number to 17134.706 .
Microsoft has announced the following changelog for this update KB4493464 .
- This update KB4493464 provides protection for Specter Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) and Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754) for VIA-based computers. By default, these guards are enabled for the Windows client, but are disabled by default for Windows Server. Follow the instructions in KB4073119 for instructions for the Windows client (IT Pro). For Windows Server instructions, follow the instructions in KB4072698 . Use these instructions to enable or disable these remedies for VIA-based computers.
- Addresses an abort error that occurs when an attempt is made to start the Secure Shell (SSH) client program from Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) with agent forwarding enabled using a command line switch (ssh –A) or a configuration setting.
- Furthermore, update KB4493464 resolves a problem that causes applications that use MSXML6 to stop responding if an exception is raised during node operations.
- Without this update, Group Policy Editor may stop responding when editing a Group Policy Object (GPO) with Group Policy Settings (GPP) for Internet Explorer 10 Internet Settings.
- It fixes an issue that occurs when you enable custom end user characters (EUDC). The system no longer works and a blue screen appears at startup . This is not common in non-Asian regions.
- In addition, many other small security updates for Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows storage and file systems, Windows Server, Windows graphics, Windows input and composition, Windows kernel, Windows virtualization, Windows MSXML and Microsoft JET Database Engine integrated into this update KB4493464 .
Here you can download the update KB4493464 .
– 2019-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4493464)
– 2019-04 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x86-based systems (KB4493464)
– 2019-04 Cumulative update for Windows Server 2016 for version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4493464)