Microsoft has just the update KB4489868 on Patch Tuesday in March 2019, the Windows 10 version in 1803 another cumulative updates for download provided.
The update KB4489868 can now be downloaded directly via the Windows Update function as well as via the Windows Update Catalog Server. The appropriate download links for update KB4489868 can be found at the end of this entry .
As with every cumulative update, Microsoft has only incorporated bug fixes and stability improvements into this update KB4489868 , you will not find any new Windows 10 function.
By installing this update KB4489868 the Windows 10 build number increases to 17134.648 .
Furthermore, Microsoft has previously released the following information about this cumulative update KB4489868 .
- The KB4489868 update fixes a problem that causes users to get ” Error 1309 ” while installing or uninstalling certain types of MSI and MSP files .
- Furthermore, the update KB4489868 contains numerous security updates for IE, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Shell, Windows app platform and frameworks, Windows input and composition, Windows memory and file systems, Windows wireless networks, Windows Basics, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Server, Windows Linux, window core, Windows MSXML and Microsoft JET Database Engine.
You should note the following before installing update KB4489868.
You should definitely install the latest maintenance stack update (SSU) for your Windows 10 version 1803 before installing this update. SSU updates improve the reliability of the update process to reduce potential problems when installing the LCU and applying Microsoft security updates.
Therefore you should use Windows Update, because then you will automatically be offered the latest SSU (KB4485449) update . Of course I can also download the latest SSU from the Windows Update Catalog.
Below you will find the direct download links from update KB4489868 .
– 2019-03 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4489868)
– 2019-03 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x86-based systems (KB4489868)
– 2019-03 Cumulative update for Windows Server 2016 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4489868)