Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4284819 for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709 on June 12 , 2018 , and therefore on Patchday in June 2018 .
This update KB4284819 changes the Windows 10 build number to 16299.492 . As in every cumulative update for Windows 10, this scheduled monthly update only contains bug fixes and brings stability improvements for the user, new functions are not included in the update KB4284819.
Microsoft has previously released the following information about this update.
- This update KB4284819 provides protection against an additional subclass of the speculative execution side-channel vulnerability known as speculative memory bypass (CVE-2018-3639). By default, these protective functions are not activated. For instructions for the Windows client (IT-Pro), follow the instructions in KB4073119. For Windows Server Instructions, follow the instructions in KB4072698. Use this guidance document to activate mitigations for the speculative memory bypass (CVE-2018-3639) in addition to the measures already released for Specter Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) and Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754).
- The update includes additional performance improvements.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Edge that causes incorrect responses to XML requests.
- Adds support for the SameSite cookie web standard to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browsers.
- Addresses an issue with IE that prevents an updated version of Location Services from being used.
- Addresses issues where firmware updates cause devices to enter BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled. However, the secure Windows start is deactivated or not available. This update prevents firmware installation on devices in this state. However, administrators can install firmware updates by:
1. Temporarily disabling BitLocker.
2. Install firmware updates immediately before the next start of the operating system.
3. Restart the device immediately so that BitLocker does not remain in the ” Suspended ” status .
- Furthermore, numerous security updates are included for IE, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows apps, Windows shell, Windows storage and file systems, Windows app platform and frameworks, Windows virtualization and – Kernel, Windows wireless network and for Windows Server.
You can download the appropriate update KB4284819 here below:
– 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4284819)
– 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4284819)
– 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 Version 1709 (KB4284819)