With the update KB4103714, Microsoft has released another, cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update. It raises the Windows 10 version number to build level 16299.461 .
The update is now distributed via Windows Update or can also be downloaded from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
This update KB4103714 only contains bug fixes. These are individually as follows.
- Addresses other issues with updated time zone information.
- Resolves an issue that causes IE dialogs to appear on a second monitor on the primary monitor when using the extended display.
- Addresses issues with Microsoft Edge browser windows in remote sessions.
- Addresses a reliability issue in .NET applications when using a Japanese IME in a text box.
- Also fixes a reliability issue that can cause Microsoft Edge or other applications to stop responding when you create a new audio endpoint while audio or video playback is starting.
- Fixed an issue where Bluetooth devices would not receive data after a restart.
- Touch keyboard was not displayed reliably in some cases.
- Resolves with UWP apps that store local crash dumps in their local app data folders that cannot be deleted using Disk Cleanup or StorageSense. In these cases LocalDumps is not activated.
- This resolves an issue that prevents performance counters from being added to the Performance Monitor on systems with many processors.
- Addresses an issue that causes BitLocker to go into recovery mode when updates are applied.
- Addresses issues where expired VPN certificates are not deleted, which affects application performance.
- The update fixes an issue that causes sporadic authentication problems when using Windows Authentication Manager.
- Client applications that use Windows Authentication Manager can no longer work when a request is sent to the server.
- Addresses an issue with Windows Authentication Manager token cache invalid.
- Addresses an issue that causes a timeout error when a VPN tries to disconnect a device that is in the Connected Standby state.
- Addresses an issue in which running DiskShadow after adding a persistent storage controller causes RetrieveAllVirtualMachinesComponentsMetadata () to stop responding.
- Resolves the issue where a VM throws an error after creating the static storage virtual machine. This occurs when you enable HYPER-V and disable NUMA in the BIOS on a physical machine with more than 64 logical processors. The error is “The data is invalid. ( 0x8007000D ) “, and the VM does not start.
- Addresses the issue that occurs when multiple processes are limited by rate using job objects. This can cause various symptoms, including but not limited to system process CPU spikes, interrupt time CPU spikes, high privileged time on some CPUs, and increased system or processor queue lengths.
- Resolves issues that could cause Docker builds to fail with the error message “hcsshim :: ImportLayer in Win32: The system cannot find the path specified.”
- Fixes the problem, do not apply Group Policy permissions in the Windows 10 clients that authenticate with 802.1X wireless access points, run scripts, or the user logon retrieve roaming profiles. This occurs because Kerberos authentication fails for \ domain sysvol, \ domain netlogon, and other DFS paths.
- Prevents the problem in a RemoteApp session where clicking in the foreground window stops responding when using grouped windows.
- Addresses issues in a RemoteApp session that can result in a black screen when maximizing an application on a secondary monitor.
- Resolves application mapping issues in the DISM tool .
- Adds Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 support for the SameSite cookie web standard. More information about SameSite cookies can be found in our recently published blog post.
You can download the update KB4103714 directly here:
– 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 (1709) for x64-based Systems (KB4103714)
– 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4103714)
– 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86 based systems (KB4103714)