Microsoft has just released (13.02.2018) the new cumulative update KB4074588 for Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update . The update can now be downloaded using the Windows Update function or the Windows Update Catalog. The appropriate links for downloading the update KB4074588 can be found at the end of this entry .
After installation, the Windows 10 build number has increased to version 16299.248 . The update KB4074588 does not contain any new functions, but only eliminates errors and problems.
Microsoft has previously released the following information about this update KB4074588 .
- The update addresses the problem that child accounts on ARM devices on the InPrivate mode access, although she was sent to their parent user browsing and search history. However, this only occurs with Microsoft accounts that are subordinate computers that are managed with the Microsoft Family service and have activity reports enabled for parents. This applies to Microsoft Edge as well as Internet Explorer.
- Problems with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows have been fixed.
- Resolves an issue in IE where pressing the delete key inserted a new line in input fields in an application. In addition, partially selected items were not updated in certain circumstances.
- Some users had trouble signing in to some websites when using third-party credentials in Microsoft Edge.
- The update updates the time zone information .
- Browser compatibility view settings have been improved.
- Addresses issues where DirectX Games frame rates in certain hardware configurations were inadvertently limited to a factor of vertical display synchronization were resolved .
- There could be delays when changing keyboard languages with Alt + Shift .
- Surround sound audio endpoints can now be converted to stereo after a restart.
- Problems with Bluetooth keyboards have been fixed.
- Mouse delays no longer occur when devices report an incorrect battery charge level .
- A problem with addresses could occur when MMC application snap-ins – e.g. Services, local policy administrators, and printer management – will not run when Windows Defender Application Control (Device Guard) is enabled. The error is ” Object does not support this property or method “.
- Prevents the use of the Pre-Production OneSettings endpoint for Windows Setup when test signing is enabled.
- Problems installing and activating Windows Server version 1709 because they were not automatically activated using the Automatic Virtual Machine Activation ( AVMA ) feature on activated Hyper-V hosts.
- Fixes problems with the template for automatically registered inbox templates for UEV.
- Addresses issues where the App-V client does not properly handle the SyncOnBatteriesEnabled policy set as a policy using a Group Policy Object (GPO).
- Resolves the issue that the Supported On field for the Enable App-V Client policy in Group Policy Editor is blank.
- Provides additional logging for administrators to take action such as: B. Selecting a suitable configuration for your App-V package if there are multiple configuration files for a single package.
- Addresses an issue with App-V packages that are incompatible with registry virtualization using kernel containers. To resolve the issue, registry virtualization has been changed to use the previous method (without a container) by default. Users who want to use the new method (kernel container) for registry virtualization can still switch to it by setting the following registry value to 1:
Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft AppV Client Compatibility
Data type: DWORD
- Furthermore, various security updates for Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows Search component, Windows kernel, Windows authentication, Device Guard, Common Log File System drivers and Windows storage and file systems have been incorporated into the update.
Below you will find the appropriate download links for the update KB4074588 .
– 2018-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4074588)
– 2018-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4074588)
– 2018-02 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 (KB4074588 )