Microsoft also provided an update for Windows 10 Creators Update Version 1703 last night, it has the number KB4049370 . This Creators Update is also a ” Cumulative Update “, which includes all previous Creators updates and brings new bug fixes . Apparently this new update, which has the build number 15063.675 , was released especially for Microsoft Surface users .
Bug fixes in update KB4049370
The following bugs have been fixed in this update:
- After installing update KB4038788 , certain Surface Notebooks may only display a black screen after the boot process . This boot problem of the Surface can only be solved by pressing the on / off switch for a longer time.
But this update KB4049370 already has some problems, as Microsoft announces:
- The installation of KB4034674 can change Czech and Arabic languages for Microsoft Edge and other applications in English.
- Installing this update KB4049370 may cause applications that are based on the Microsoft JET database engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) to fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel XLS files. The error message is then “ Unexpected error from the external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET database engine) “. Download and install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable, and then change the DB connection strings in Microsoft Excel to use ACE as a provider. Example: Change the provider Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 to Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 .
- Even after the successful installation of the update KB4049370 and the necessary restarts, the message ” Update requires a restart ” may appear in the Control Panel .
Microsoft has previously announced that it is working to resolve these errors. In the next cumulative update for Creators Update Version 1703, these problems should be eliminated.
Below you will find the links to download the update directly .
– 2017-11 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1703 for x64-based systems (KB4049370)
– 2017-11 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1703 for x86-based systems (KB4049370)