The update KB4048953 for Windows 10 version 1607 Anniversary Update and Windows Server 2016 Microsoft has released the evening also today. After installing this update KB4048953 your Windows version shows the version number 14393.1884 .
The update has very different sizes depending on the Windows 10 version. For Windows 10 as a 64-bit version and for Windows Server 2016, it is just under 1.2 GB in size, for Windows 10 as a 32-bit version, on the other hand, only around 620MB.
Microsoft has included the following fixes in this cumulative update for Windows 10 Anniversary Version 1607 :
- Applications that are based on the Microsoft JET database module run more stable.
- When cleaning up temporary files on the Windows Phone, the error message “E_Fail” can occur. This error was corrected with the update KB4048953 .
- Windows PE systems had problems with certain HTML dialogs.
- The Internet Explorer could crash so far, if the font size was set at large on the computer.
- Furthermore, numerous security updates have been integrated into this update KB4048953 , which cover the areas of Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Edge Browser, the Windows Kernel, the Windows Kernel mode driver, the Windows search components and the Windows Media Player.
Here you can download the appropriate update directly without having to go through the Windows Update function or the Windows Update Catalog.
– 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4048953)
– 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x86-based Systems (KB4048953)
– 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for x64 -based systems (KB4048953)