Microsoft has of course also provided new updates for Windows 7. On this patchday in May 2017 there are 2 updates this time, which are called KB4019264 and KB4019263 . We would like to briefly introduce the changes that are included in these updates.
This is a security update for Windows 7. The following changes are included:
- It includes an updated Windows Cryptograhpy API to reject SHA-1 for SSL / TLS server authentication for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- This update also includes security updates for MGC (Microsoft Graphics Components), Microsoft Active X, COM, Windows Kernel and Windows DNS.
Below you will find the links to the downloads of the updates from the Microsoft servers.
– Security quality update for Windows 7 for x64-based systems (KB4019263)
– Security quality update for Windows 7 for x86-based systems (KB4019263)
Update KB4019264 is the monthly rollup update for Windows 7. The following issues have been fixed in this update.
- After installing update KB4015549, problems could arise with various programs that use the DLL file MSADO15.DLL.
- The new tab page of Internet Explorer 11 with the integrated news feed has been updated.
- This update also includes changes in the SHA-1 Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 area for SSL / TLS server authentication.
- The same applies to the security updates that were already included in update KB4019263 (see above).
The corresponding download links for this update can be found here:
– Monthly Security Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4019264)
– Monthly Security Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x86-based Systems (KB4019264)