In addition to the series, Microsoft released update KB4482887 last night. It is another cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 and brings the Windows 10 version number to build level 17763.348 .
The appropriate download links for update KB4482887 can be found at the end of this entry .
Microsoft has previously released the following information about this intermediate update KB4482887 .
- The KB4482887 update enables Retpoline for Windows on certain devices, which may improve the performance of Specter Variant 2 reductions (CVE-2017-5715). You can find more information in the blog post “Attenuation of Specter Variant 2 with Retpoline under Windows”.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Action Center to suddenly appear on the wrong side of the screen before being displayed on the correct page.
- It fixes an issue where possibly colored content in a PDF file cannot be saved in Microsoft Edge . This is the case if you quickly erased some ink after the color session started and then added more ink.
- Addresses an issue where the media type in Server Manager for Storage Class Memory (SCM) disks is shown as “Unknown”.
- It fixes an issue with remote desktop access to Hyper-V Server 2019.
- Resolves an issue that caused the Republican BranchCache to take up more space than it was allocated.
- The update addresses a performance issue when connecting to a remote desktop from a remote web desktop client to Windows Server 2019.
- It fixes a reliability issue that could cause the screen to remain black after resuming sleep if you close a notebook cover while disconnecting the notebook from a docking station.
- Addresses an issue in which overwriting the file in a shared folder fails due to an access denial error. This problem occurs when a filter driver is installed.
- Update KB4482887 enables peripheral device support for some Bluetooth radios.
- Addresses an issue where PDF printing may fail during a remote desktop session. This problem occurs when you try to save the file and redirect drives from the client system.
- It fixes a reliability issue that can cause the notebook’s main screen to blink when it resumes from sleep mode. This problem occurs when a notebook is connected to a docking station that has an indirect display.
- Addresses an issue in which a black screen is displayed and a remote desktop session becomes unresponsive when using certain VPN connections.
- It updates the time zone information for Chile.
- It also fixes a problem where USB cameras are not properly registered for Windows Hello after OOBE (Out of Box) installation.
- It fixes a problem that prevents the installation of the extended point and print compatibility driver installed on Windows 7 clients.
- The update KB4482887 resolves a problem that no longer works by the term service when Remote Desktop is configured to use a hardware encoder for Advanced Video Coding (AVC).
- It fixes an issue that locks a user account when moving applications to a shared platform using App-V.
- The update improves the reliability of the UE-VAppmonitor.
- Addresses an issue that prevents App-V applications from starting and generates error 0xc0000225 in the log. Set the following DWORD to adjust the maximum time the driver needs to wait until a volume is available: ” HKLM Software Microsoft AppV MAV Configuration MaxAttachWaitTimeInMilliseconds “.
- The update addresses a problem in evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to ensure that application and device compatibility is ensured for all Windows updates.
- Addresses an issue that may cause some applications to display the Help (F1) window incorrectly.
- Addresses an issue that causes the desktop and taskbar to flicker on the Windows Server 2019 Terminal Server after using User Profile Disk Setup.
- Addresses an issue in which a user structure cannot be updated if you publish an optional package in a connection group after the connection group has been previously published.
- The KB4482887 update improves the performance of string comparison functions that are not case sensitive, such as _stricmp () in the Universal C runtime environment.
- It fixes a compatibility issue when analyzing and playing certain MP4 content.
- Addresses an issue with Internet Explorer proxy setting and setting up the Out of Box (OOBE) experience. The first login stops responding after Sysprep.
- Addresses an issue in which the desktop policy lock screen image set by Group Policy will not update if the image is older or has the same name as the previous image.
- Addresses an issue where the Group Policy desktop wallpaper is not updated if the picture has the same name as the previous picture.
- The KB4482887 update fixes an issue that could cause the TabTip.exe touchscreen keyboard to stop working under certain conditions. This problem occurs when you use the keyboard in a kiosk scenario after replacing the standard shell.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the new Miracast connection banner to remain open after a connection is closed.
- Addresses an issue that can cause virtual disks to go offline when upgrading a two-node S2D cluster (S2D) from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019.
- Addresses an issue in which the first character of the Japanese era name is not recognized as an abbreviation and can cause problems with parsing dates.
- Addresses an issue that could cause Internet Explorer to load pictures with a backslash () in its relative source path.
- This update KB4482887 resolves a problem that can cause applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 95 file.
- Addresses an issue in Windows Server 2019 that causes input and output timeouts when querying SMART Data with Get-StorageReliabilityCounter ().
You can download the update KB4482887 here.
– 2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4482887)
– 2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x86-based Systems (KB4482887)
– 2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 Version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4482887)