Microsoft released update KB4469342 for Windows 10 version 1809 last night . The update KB4469342 changes the Windows 10 build number to 17763.168 . This latest, cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1809 can now be downloaded and installed via the integrated Windows Update function (Windows Settings – Update) or via the Windows Update Catalog. The corresponding download links for the update KB4469342 can be found at the end of this entry .
Microsoft has integrated the following changes into update KB4469342.
- The update fixes an issue in Edge Browser when using the drag and drop feature to upload folders from the Windows desktop to a website hosting file, such as B. Microsoft OneDrive. In some scenarios, files contained in the folders cannot be uploaded. The user may not get an error on the website.
- Addresses an issue that affects IE performance when using roaming profiles or when the Microsoft Compatibility List is not used.
- Updates time zone information for Fiji, for Moroccan and Russian daylight standard time.
- Resolves issues that display settings stop working when changing a configuration with multiple monitors .
- Addresses issue that shows a black screen on some servers when waking an ad from hibernation.
- Addresses issues with long delays in taking a photo when using the camera app in certain lighting conditions.
- The KB4469342 update resolves an issue that prevents live TV Hulu content from playing in Microsoft Edge; Instead, a black screen is displayed.
- So far, the problem could arise that Bluetooth headsets do not receive any audio input after several minutes .
- Resolves the issue that causes the brightness control setting to reset to 50% when the device is restarted.
- The update eliminates a problem with the OEM manufacturing processes when sysprep / generalize is executed.
- Addresses issue with Microsoft Intune that incorrectly marks devices as incompatible because a firewall incorrectly returns bad status. As a result, the affected devices are not granted conditional access permission, and access to corporate resources and emails can be blocked.
- Addresses a performance issue with vSwitch on network interface cards (NIC) that do not support Large Send Offload (LSO) and Checksum Offload (CSO).
- The update updates the Wi-Fi policy for SSID (Service Set Identifier) filtering to avoid filtering out Wi-Fi Direct devices.
- Resolves the issue causing rasman.exe to stop responding.
- This update fixes a problem in which “regedit.exe” cannot double the REG_MULTI_SZ value in the Windows registry . The missing terminator may prevent services and applications from reading REG_MULTI_SZ values that regedit.exe adds after the operating system is installed.
- It fixes an issue with RemoteApp’s visibility that can hide the main window until the user clicks on the screen.
- So far, some users have been prevented from setting Win32 program standards for certain combinations of apps and file types using the Open With … command or Settings> Apps> Standard Apps.
- Addresses an issue in which mapped drives may not reconnect after starting and logging in to a Windows device.
Apparently Microsoft is already aware of problems with the update KB4469342 . The following information about the KB4469342 problems has been released so far.
- After you install this KB4469342 update , users may be unable to use the search bar in Windows Media Player when playing certain files. This problem does not affect normal playback.
Microsoft is already working on troubleshooting and is expected to release an update to this problem in mid-December 2018.
- nVidia has informed Microsoft about an issue with update KB4469342 , in which Microsoft Edge may crash or hang while playing a video. This problem occurs after an nVidia driver update.
nVidia has released an updated driver to address this issue. Follow the instructions in the nVidia support article.
You can download the update KB4469342 directly from the Microsoft servers below :
– 2018-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4469342)
– 2018-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x86-based Systems (KB4469342)
– 2018-11 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 (KB4469342 )