With the update KB4534273 Microsoft has just released the next cumulative update for Windows 10 1809 . This is the first update for 1809 in 2020 and is provided both via the Windows Update Catalog and via the integrated Windows Update function.
The KB4534273 installation raises the Windows 10 version 1809 version number to 17763.973 . The matching KB4534273 downloads can be found at the end of this entry.
Microsoft has not yet released much information about the update KB4534273 . The following has become known so far.
- It also includes updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
- Furthermore, security updates and quality improvements are included in the update KB4534273 . It fixes, among other things, an issue where new SameSite cookie policies for version 80 of Google Chrome are supported by default.
- The following security updates for Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows input and composition, Windows administration, Windows cryptography, Windows virtualization, Microsoft Scripting Engine and Windows Server are also included.
Unfortunately, already 3 mistakes of this update KB4534273 known become.
Update KB4534273 error 1:
Certain operations, e.g. For example, renaming files or folders on a shared cluster volume (CSV) may fail with the ” STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5) ” error . This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node through a process that does not have administrator privileges.
Workaround error 1:
- Perform the process from a process that has administrator privileges.
- Do this from a node that does not have CSV ownership.
Update KB4534273 error 2:
After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error ” 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND “.
Workaround error 2:
Uninstall and then reinstall any recently added language packs. For instructions, see Manage input and display language settings in Windows 10.
Select Check for updates and install the April 2019 cumulative update. For instructions, see Update Windows 10.
Note: If reinstalling the language pack doesn’t solve the problem, reset your PC as follows:
- Go to Settings app> Recovery.
- Select “First Steps” under the option ” Reset this PC “.
- Select Keep my files.
Update KB4534273 error 3:
When setting up a new Windows device during the Out of Box Experience (OOBE), you might be unable to create a local user when using Input Method Editor (IME) . This issue might affect you if you are using the IME for Chinese, Japanese, or Korean languages.
Workaround error 3:
To fix this update problem, set the keyboard language to English during user creation , or use a Microsoft account to complete OOBE . You can reset the keyboard language to your preferred language after user creation. Once the OOBE ( Out-of-box experience) is complete and you are on the desktop, you can rename the current user using these instructions. If you want to create a new local user, see KB4026923 .
You can download the update KB4534273 directly here .
– Download 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4534273)
– Download 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x86-based Systems (KB4534273)
– Download 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4534273)