Last night Microsoft released another cumulative Windows 10 version 1903 update for download : KB4522016 . The update KB4522016 increases the Windows 10 build number to 18362.357 .
The matching KB4522016 download links can be found at the end of this entry.
However, anyone who expected a comprehensive bug fix of the 1903 version will be disappointed. Microsoft has only integrated some security updates for Internet Explorer into the update KB4522016.
However, 2 problems have also become known.
Microsoft has received reports after installing this update KB4522016 that audio in certain games is quieter or different than expected. At the request of some audio partners, a compatibility change has been implemented that allows certain games to query support and render multichannel audio. This change has been reversed due to customer feedback as some games and some devices do not play multi-channel audio as expected. This can result in games sounding different from what customers are used to and possibly missing channels.
Solution to the problem:
To fix the problem, open the settings in the affected game and disable multichannel audio if this option is available. You can also search for third-party audio device control panels in the Windows Control Panel and disable multichannel audio or virtual surround sound if these options are available. Microsoft is working on a solution and estimates that a solution will be available in late September 2019.
Some input method editors (IME) may stop responding or have high CPU usage. Affected IMEs are Chinese Simplified (ChsIME.EXE) and Chinese Traditional (ChtIME.EXE) with Changjie / Quick keyboard.
Solution to the problem:
Due to security-related changes in this update, this issue may occur if the touch keyboard and handwriting panel service is not configured to the default manual startup type. Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Select the Start button and enter “services”.
- Open the Services app and find the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel service.
- Double-click Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and choose Properties.
- Find Startup Type: and change it to Manual.
- Choose OK.
The TabletInputService service is now in the default configuration and IME should work as expected.
Below you will find the direct download links for update KB4522016 .
– 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4522016)
– 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x86-based Systems (KB4522016)
– 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 Version 1903 for x64-based systems (KB4522016)