GMX Mail provides users with unlimited storage combined with an easy to use email interface. The free email client allows attachments up to 50 MB and includes a robust spam filter and advanced antivirus features. Although many GMX Mail users access their mail solely through the web interface, mobile device users can access GMX Mail on their devices through the email program they use there. To do this, you need GMX Mail IMAP server settings to access GMX Mail messages and folders from another email program.
GMX Mail IMAP Settings
On your mobile device, you will be prompted to enter this information into your mail app in order to view the email in your GMX account:
- GMX Mail IMAP server address: imap.gmx.com
- GMX Mail IMAP username: Your full GMX Mail email address ( [email protected] )
- GMX Mail IMAP Password: Your GMX Mail password
- GMX Mail IMAP port: 993 (alternative: 143 )
- GMX Mail IMAP TLS/SSL is required: yes for port 993 , no for port 143
SMTP Settings for GMX Mail
To send mail through a GMX Mail account from any email program or service, you must also enter the SMTP server settings on your mobile device. They are:
- GMX mail SMTP server address: smtp.gmx.com
- GMX Mail SMTP Username: Your full GMX Mail email address ( [email protected] )
- GMX Mail SMTP Password: Your GMX Mail password
- GMX mail SMTP port: 587
- GMX Mail SMTP TLS/SSL Required: No
GMX also offers the free GMX Mail app for iOS and Android mobile devices. Just download the app and sign in with your username and password to read and reply to emails.