Rockalldll.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the rockalldll DLL file.
In some cases, rockalldll.dll errors could indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware problem, or even a hardware failure.
There are a few different ways rockalldll.dll errors can show up on your computer. Here are some of the more common ways you might see rockalldll.dll errors:
Rockalldll.dll Not Found This application failed to start because rockalldll.dll was not found. Reinstalling the app may fix this problem. Cannot find [PATH]rockalldll.dll The file rockalldll.dll is missing. Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: rockalldll.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.
Rockalldll.dll error messages can appear during the use or installation of certain programs, when Windows starts up or shuts down, or even during a Windows installation.
The context of the rockalldll.dll error is an important piece of information that will be helpful in resolving the problem.
The rockalldll.dll error message can apply to any program or system that can use the file in any of Microsoft’s operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
How To Fix Rockalldll.dll Errors
Do not download rockalldll.dll from a “DLL download” website. There are many reasons why downloading a DLL file is a bad idea. If you require a copy of rockalldll.dll, it is best to obtain it from its original and legitimate source.
Start Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps if you are unable to access Windows normally due to rockalldll.dll error.
- Restore rockalldll.dll from the Recycle Bin. The easiest cause of a “missing” rockalldll.dll file is that you’ve mistakenly deleted it.
- If you suspect that you have accidentally deleted rockalldll.dll but have already emptied the recycle bin, you may be able to recover rockalldll.dll with a free file recovery program.
Recovering a deleted copy of rockalldll.dll with a file recovery program is a good idea only if you are sure that you deleted the file yourself and that it was working properly before doing so.
- Run a virus/malware scan of your entire system. Some rockalldll.dll errors could be related to a virus or other malware infection on your computer that has corrupted the DLL file. It’s even possible that the rockalldll.dll error you’re seeing is related to a hostile program masquerading as the file.
- Use System Restore to undo recent system changes. If you suspect that the rockalldll.dll error was caused by a change to an important file or setting, a System Restore might resolve the issue.
- Reinstall the program that uses the rockalldll.dll file. If the rockalldll.dll DLL error occurs when you use a particular program, reinstalling the program should replace the file.
Do your best to complete this step. Reinstalling the program that provides the rockalldll.dll file, if possible, is a likely solution to this DLL error.
- Update drivers for any hardware devices that might be related to rockalldll.dll. If, for example, you receive an error “The file rockalldll.dll is missing” when playing a 3D video game, try updating your video card drivers.
The rockalldll.dll file may or may not be related to video cards, this is just an example. The key here is to pay close attention to the context of the error and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Roll back a driver to a previously installed version if rockalldll.dll errors began after updating a particular hardware device driver.
- Run the sfc /scannow System File Checker command to replace a missing or corrupt copy of the rockalldll.dll file. If Microsoft provides this DLL file, the System File Checker tool should restore it.
- Install all available Windows updates. Many service packs and other patches replace or update some of the hundreds of DLL files distributed by Microsoft on your computer. The rockalldll.dll file could be included in one of those updates.
- Test your memory and then test your hard drive. We’ve saved most of the hardware troubleshooting for the last step, but your computer’s memory and hard drive are easy to test and are the most likely components that could cause rockalldll.dll errors as they fail.
- If the hardware fails any of your tests, replace the memory or replace the hard drive as soon as possible.
- Repair the Windows installation. If the individual rockalldll.dll file troubleshooting tips above are unsuccessful, performing a startup repair or repair install should restore all Windows DLL files to their working versions.
- Use a free registry cleaner to repair rockalldll.dll related problems in the registry. A free registry cleaner program may be able to help by removing invalid rockalldll.dll registry entries that could be causing the DLL error.
We rarely recommend the use of registry cleaners. We have included the option here as a “last resort” attempt before the next destructive step.
- Do a clean install of Windows. A clean install of Windows will erase everything from your hard drive and install a fresh copy of Windows. If none of the above steps fix the rockalldll.dll error, this should be your next course of action.
- Troubleshoot a hardware problem if rockalldll.dll errors persist. After a clean install of Windows, the DLL problem can only be hardware related.
All information on your hard drive will be erased during a clean install. Make sure you have tried your best to fix the rockalldll.dll error by using a troubleshooting step prior to this one.
need more help
See Get More Help for information on how to contact me on social media or by email, post in support forums, and more. Be sure to let me know the exact rockalldll.dll error message you’re seeing and what steps, if any, you’ve already taken to fix the problem.
If you’re not interested in fixing this problem yourself, even with help, see How can I fix my computer? for a full list of support options, plus help with everything you need along the way, like calculating repair costs, getting your files, choosing a repair service, and more.