Do you have workers in charge of you in an office and you would like them not to connect to the network to browse? Did you know that it is possible to block Internet access in FireFox in Windows 11 ? Well, in this simple article we will teach you how to prevent someone from making illegal use of this browser in the latest Microsoft operating system.
Is It Possible To Stop FireFox From Connecting To The Internet In Windows 11?
Yes, the system FireWall can be used to prevent FireFox from using the Internet connection , in fact it is something we have already done with other browsers such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge .
What is the Windows 11 FireWall and what is it for?
The FireWall is a security software that is responsible for controlling the outgoing and incoming traffic of a network . In this way we can, for example , speed up uTorrent to the maximum or configure an antivirus more efficiently .
How to Block Internet Access FireFox Windows 11 Paso a Paso 2022
The first step will be to enter the Windows 11 Firewall , for this we only have to follow the following instructions:
- We go to the search icon on the taskbar.
- We write “FireWall” (without quotes).
- We entered the “Best Match” .
We go to the left side of the screen and select “Advanced Settings” .
- Select “Outbound Rules” located on the left.
- We give “Create New Rule” (New Rule) .
Activate the “Programs” option and click on “Next” .
- Right-click the FireFox shortcut , go into properties, and select the entire target shortcut (without quotes).
- In the context menu we click «Copy» .
- We paste the URL .
- We give «Next» .
- Select “Block Connection” .
- We will have to hit “Next” .
We will keep the 3 boxes selected: Domain, Private and Public .
- We add a name to the new rule, for example: “Block Chrome” .
- Click «Next» .
Now if we try to open FireFox we will see that the browser cannot access the Internet .
How to Give FireFox Internet Access Back in Windows 11 Easy and Fast 2022
- To re- enable the Internet in FireFox with Windows 11 we must enter the properties of the rule that we created in the FireWall to block it.
- Then click on “Allow Connection” .
And just like that, we can prevent someone from browsing the Internet with Firefox on our Windows 11 PC. Do not forget to leave a comment if you have any problems and always remember to share this tutorial on your social networks so that you not only help other people but also support this project. Thank you very much for everything!