After a critical patch for OfficeScan XG was released yesterday (we reported – Critical Patch 1641 ), Trend Micro has also released a critical patch for its still very popular version OfficeScan 11.0 SP1 . This patch raises the version number to 11.0.6392 after installation .
Below you can see the information for this update 6392 directly from the TrendMicro Download Portal .
The file name of the OfficeScan patch is:
TrendMicro has included 2 important security changes in this critical patch . Here are the exact changes according to the ReadMe file.
- (VRTS-337, VRTS-339) Addresses the
following issue: A Remote Code Execution (RCE) vulnerability on the OfficeScan server could allow attackers to execute commands on the server using the query string.
Solution : This hot fix fixes the RCE vulnerability.
- Same error as with the XG Update (VRTS-972)
The AmMap application has several cross-site scripting (XSS) security vulnerabilities that allow remote attackers to execute any web or HTML scripts.
Solution : This hot fix 6392 for OfficeScan 11 fixes the XSS vulnerability.
The update is relatively small, it is only about 2.5MB in size . As reported yesterday, this patch is again available for all language versions of the OfficeScan 11 product range .
We have provided you with the direct download link for the OfficeScan 11 Critical Patch 6392 below .
– Download OfficeScan 11.0.6392 SP1 critical patch
We have already published numerous articles for the OfficeScan 11 virus scanner in the past. Below we have put together the most important articles for you.
– TrendMicro Patch 6355 and 6367 for OfficeScan 11 with Windows 10 Creators Update Support
– TrendMicro Critical Patch 6325 for OfficeScan 11 SP1 (11.0.6325)
– OfficeScan 11 SP1 German version with patch to version 6245
– OfficeScan Patch 6134 released
– OfficeScan Patch 6242 Build 11.0.6242 SP1 with Anniversary Support
– OfficeScan Client 11.0.6178 Service Pack 1 – Anniversary Patch
– Error 0x7FFA528670E3 ANOMALY use of REX.w is meaningless – TrendMicro OfficeScan
– OfficeScan Patch 6125 has problems with Windows 10 Clean Installation
– KB3189866 fixes OfficeScan problem with Windows 10
– OfficeScan Critical Patch Installation 5010, 6054 and 6125
– TrendMicro OfficeScan Update 6125 for Windows 10 Anniversary