Microsoft has just released the optional update KB4550945 for Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909 . It increases the current Windows 10 version number to 18362.815 or 18363.815 , depending on whether you have installed Windows 10 version 1903 or 1909.
The update has been available for download for a few hours, the KB4550945 download links can be found at the end of this entry.
The following bug fixes have been integrated in the update KB4550945 .
- The KB4550945 update fixes a problem that prevents certain apps from opening after upgrading from an earlier version of Windows, and displays an error message for an incorrect image.
- Addresses an issue that disables notifications for devices that use a virtual private network (VPN) on a cellular network.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from continuing to play a Microsoft Xbox game on a Windows device after upgrading from an earlier version of Windows.
- It updates an issue where a text box with multiple lines of text stops responding in certain scenarios.
- It fixes an issue that generates unexpected notifications when you change the default application settings.
- Resolves the issue where Windows Update stops responding when you check for updates.
- The update also updates an issue where content outside the margins of a document cannot be printed.
Furthermore, the following further problems with the update KB4550945 are eliminated.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the touch keyboard from appearing during login when the user is prompted for the password.
- It fixes a problem that prevents the touch keyboard from opening in UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps when USB devices are connected.
- Update KB4550945 fixes an issue in which incorrect folder properties are displayed in the folder explorer if the path is longer than MAX_PATH.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the correct lock screen from appearing when all of the following conditions are true:
Group Policy Object Policy “Computer Configuration Windows Settings Security Settings Local Policies Security Options Interactive Logon: No Ctrl + Alt + Del Computers Required ” is deactivated.
The GPO policy “Computer Configuration Administrative Templates System Logon Disable App Notifications on the Lock Screen” is enabled.
The registry key HKLM SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows System DisableLogonBackgroundImage is set to 1.
- This update KB4550945 resolves an issue that causes the login screen to be blurry .
- It prevents the problem that the login options page is opened using the ms settings: signinoptions-launchfingerprintenrollment Uniform Resource Identifier (URI).
- Addresses an issue with Bluetooth Group Policy settings on Microsoft Surface Pro X devices.
- This fixes a problem that causes a stop error at KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) when Windows resumes from sleep and turns on certain Bluetooth headsets.
- Fixed a reliability issue in WDF01000.sys.
- It fixes a problem that causes an error in logman.exe. The error is: â€œ A user account is required to commit the current properties of the data collector set. ”
- The update fixes an issue that prevents users from setting the REG_EXPAND_SZ keys in some automated scenarios.
- Addresses an issue that causes a memory leak in the LsaIso.exe process when the server is under a high authentication load and Credential Guard is enabled.
- Addresses an issue that causes Trusted Platform Module (TPM) initialization to fail with system event error 14 and prevents Windows from accessing the TPM.
- This update KB4550945 resolves an issue in which communication with the TPM is interrupted and fails.
- Prevents the problem that prevents the hash signature from working properly with the Microsoft Platform Crypto Provider for TPMs. This problem can also affect network software such as VPN applications.
- Addresses an issue that prevents applications running in an Azure Active Directory environment from receiving account change notifications. This occurs when you use the Web Account Manager (WAM) and the WebAccountMonitor API.
- Addresses an issue that could cause systems to stop working with a 0x3B stop code when running a binary file that is signed by a revoked certificate.
- Addresses an issue with merging Windows Defender application control policies that sometimes results in a duplicate rule ID error and causes the Merge-CIPolicy PowerShell command to fail.
- The update fixes an issue that prevents a user’s PIN from being changed after the device is connected to Microsoft Workplace Join.
- The KB4550945 update addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) management tools, such as IIS Manager, from managing an ASP.NET application that has configured SameSite cookie settings in web.config.
- Addresses an issue that caused Microsoft Edge to stop working when you try to use the paste feature on web pages, when the cut and paste feature has been disabled using a policy and Windows Defender Application Guard is active.
- It fixes a problem that causes the clipboard service to stop working unexpectedly.
You can download and install the appropriate update KB4550945 directly below .
Windows 10 version 1909:
– Download 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4550945)
– Download 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x86-based Systems (KB4550945)
– Download 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 version 1909 for x64-based systems (KB4550945)
Windows 10 version 1903:
– Download 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4550945)
– Download 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x86-based Systems (KB4550945)
– Download 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 version 1903 for x64-based systems (KB4550945)