With the update KB4520062 , Microsoft released another cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1809 shortly after the October 2019 patchday and the release of update KB4519338 .
The update KB4520062 eliminates numerous errors of version 1809 and can now be downloaded and installed via Windows Update and the Windows Update Catalog. The installation of update KB4520062 brings the version number to version 17763.832 . The download of the update KB4520062 can be found at the end of this entry .
The following errors have been corrected in update KB4520062 .
Important bug fixes:
- The KB4520062 update prevents blank tiles from appearing in the Start menu when you upgrade from an earlier version of Windows 10 to Windows 10, version 1809. However, if you have already upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809, installing this update will not remove any existing empty tiles.
- It updates an issue where the power consumption for a device in Connected Standby mode is high.
- Addresses an issue where a black screen may appear the first time you log in after installing an update.
- It fixes Bluetooth problems that can occur when certain audio profiles are used for a long time.
- Updates an issue that prevents users from opening the Print dialog box in Internet Explorer to print a web page.
- It fixes an issue where the Settings app stops working when you change a theme.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent you from selecting a scroll bar in Internet Explorer.
- The update fixes a problem with the Windows Mixed Reality portal, which may report that your headset is in sleep mode and may not be activated.
Furthermore, many other bug fixes are included in the update KB4520062.
- It updates the time zone information for Norfolk Island, Australia and the Fiji Islands.
- Addresses an issue in which Microsoft Outlook items are not indexed properly, resulting in incomplete search query results on Windows virtual desktops.
- It eliminates a problem with the processing of diagnostic data in which the setting Diagnostic data on a device is activated and set on the basis.
- The update addresses an issue where Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) policy becomes too restrictive when you enable WDAC Group Policy setting for scripting enforcement or restricted language mode.
- Addresses an issue that can result in high CPU usage when many windows are open and Background Application Manager runs a regular background scan. In addition, the desktop may stop responding. Set the following registry
key to disable this scan: HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer BamThrottling
- It adds support to allow removable media and assigned access restrictions.
- The update fixes an issue where printing from 32-bit applications fails with an “Access Denied” error when you select Run as another user for the application.
- Addresses a reliability issue in Windows Server 2019 Hyper-V host clusters managed with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM).
- Addresses an issue that prevents computer objects from being added to local groups by using the Local Users and Groups Group Policy setting. The Group Policy Editor returns the error message ” The selected object does not match the type of the target source “.
- Update KB4520062 resolves an issue in which an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) certificate is renewed and published every year by default. However, the client does not use them, which leads to an authentication error.
- Addresses an issue in which files stored in a cluster shared volume (CSV) with an alternate data stream still exist after attempting to delete them. The next time you try to access or delete the files, you may also see an “Access Denied” message.
- Addresses an issue that could cause error 0x50 to occur when performing a backup.
You can download and install the appropriate update KB4520062 for your Windows 10 installation directly here below.
– Download 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4520062)
– Download 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x86-based Systems (KB4520062)
– Download 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4520062)