With the update KB4497935 Microsoft has surprisingly released another cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903. Update KB4497935 was probably released unscheduled because it fixed numerous bugs and problems in 1903.
After the update, your Windows 10 system shows the build number 18362.145 . Update KB4497935 is now available via Windows Update and the Windows Update Catalog.
The following known bugs are fixed with the update KB4497935 .
- The update addresses an issue that may prevent application log handler custom URI schemes from starting the appropriate application for local intranet and trusted sites in Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from starting if you set folder redirection for the Roaming AppData folder to a network path .
- Addresses issue where night light mode changes during display mode.
- Addresses an issue that can skew rendering of a full-screen game when the Microsoft game bar appears at the top of the game.
- The KB4497935 update resolves an issue that prevents the removal of Bluetooth peripherals from some systems with certain Bluetooth radios.
- Addresses an issue that could cause Event 7600 in the Domain Name System (DNS) server event log to contain an unreadable server name.
- It fixes an issue where the guest’s dots per inch (DPI) does not match the host.
- It also fixes a problem that could result in an external USB device or SD memory card being assigned to an incorrect drive during installation. For more information, see “ This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10 ” on a computer that has a USB device or SD card connected to it.
- Addresses an issue in which a file share witness does not remove server message block (SMB) handles, which may cause a server to no longer accept SMB connections.
- This update fixes an issue that prevents an application log URL from opening when hosted on an intranet site.
- It fixes a problem with BranchCache in distributed cache mode. BranchCache may take up more space than is allocated for the republish cache. To fully resolve the issue, devices that have exceeded space allocation should flush BranchCache using the netsh branchcache flush command.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent some Direct3D applications and games from going full screen if the orientation of the display is different from the default.
- Fixed an issue when creating a Windows catalog file on an x64 system using Windows System Image Manager. For more information, see What’s New in ADK Kits and Tools.
- The KB4497935 update addresses an issue that causes delays in loading many unsigned Domain Name System (DNS) zones related to the Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) feature. This problem occurs after you configure the following registry setting :
Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services DNS Parameters
Type: DWORD Value: A value of 1 enables the function. A value of 0 deactivates the function.
Restart the operating system or DNS server after changing the registry values.
However, 2 known errors with the update KB4497935 are known again, which we would like to briefly explain below.
When opening games with BattlEye anti-cheat software, one of the following errors may appear in the BattlEye user interface or in the BattlEye game:
“BattlEye Service could not be started.”
“BattlEye service could not be initialized.”
Some games that use older versions of BattlEye are not compatible with Windows 10, version 1903. BattlEye has released an updated patch for games that we know are affected.
For a list of the latest games using BattlEye, visit www.battleye.com/.
the solution of the problem
Do one or more of the following:
- Make sure your game is updated with the latest version available. On some game platforms, you can validate your game files, which confirms that your installation is completely up to date.
- Reboot your system and reopen the game.
- Uninstall BattlEye with UninstallBE.exe and open your game again.
- Uninstall and reinstall your game.
- For more troubleshooting options, go to www.battleye.com/support/faq/.
Windows Sandbox may not start with “ ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002) ” on devices that change the operating system language during the update process when installing Windows 10 version 1903.
the solution of the problem
Microsoft is already working on the solution to the problem and will release a solution for it with the next cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903.
Below you will find the direct download links for update KB4497935 .
– Download 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4497935)
– Download 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x86-based Systems (KB4497935)
– Download 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 version 1903 for x64-based systems (KB4497935)